Bright golden turmeric has been used for thousands of years in Ayurvedic and Chinese traditional health practices. Its most beneficial compounds were first isolated in 1815 by French chemists. Today turmeric is known for its incredible anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties making it perhaps the most effective nutritional supplement in existence .
Clinical research has provided evidence that ingesting curcumin (the active component in turmeric) can help soothe overworked muscles and help keep joints flexible and resilient as inflammation is reduced. This couldn’t be more important. Inflammation is at the root of nearly every illness from digestion to cancer. It settles in our bodies as a result of food intolerances, toxicity and injuries past and present. Inflammation causes pain, brain fog and organ malfunction. It can lead to weight gain and inability to sleep. Curcumin provides amazing benefits for those dealing with the side effects of an active lifestyle and very generally for the aging process, due to its powerful anti-inflammatory properties.
The action of curcumin on markers of oxidative stress is associated with its properties directed to the removal of reactive oxygen and nitrogen, metal chelation, and regulation of numerous enzymes. When we find a single spice or extract that can effectively reduce inflammation as well as oxidative stress, we need to pay attention!
Many cook with turmeric or sprinkle it on food (as you would salt). I love turmeric as a spice when cooking (sometimes in tea or lattes) and I wouldn’t shy away from using it this way. But don’t get any on your clothes! That intensely beautiful yellow spice will leave its mark on your clothes and kitchen surfaces as well.
When cooking with turmeric, its hard to get enough curcumin to make a significant difference with inflammation. Part of this is due to the concentration of curcumin. Turmeric is not regulated for curcumin and may, one time from another, have different amounts. Furthermore, using turmeric spice to effect inflammation would require a commitment. It would require using the spice daily or at least more days than not, especially for long term chronic inflammation.
If cooking with turmeric for health benefits, bare in mind that turmeric has been proven difficult to absorb. It generally requires a catalyst to improve bioavailability. Many people combine it with black pepper to increase absorption. DōTERRA is the first to combine Turmeric Essential Oil as the catalyst for absorption.
Doterra took 3 years to study and develop the Turmeric Dual Chambered Capsule. It is known that the chemical composition of turmeric essential oil, like black pepper, increases our ability to absorb turmeric. The chemicals responsible for assisting are Turmerone and ar-Turmerone with Turmerone being the most effective. The outer layer of doterra’s double chambered capsule contains Turmeric root essential oil, standardized for 70 percent turmerones. The inner chamber contains turmeric extract with a 95 percent concentration of curcuminoids. The double chambered capsule delivers effective amounts of curcumin while simultaneously improving bioavailability. Adding black pepper to your turmeric is no longer necessary to support absorption when using doterra’s double chambered turmeric capsules.
The double chambered capsule is a convenient oral delivery system that can easily be enjoyed daily with little effort. It combines the effective anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of curcumin in the inner chamber with the absorption catalyst (turmeric essential oil) in the outer chamber. Doterra’s Turmeric Double Chambered Capsules are like a one two punch in the fight against free radicals and the acquisition of support for a healthy inflammatory response. It’s all in one!
- Turmeric extract may be one of the most effective nutritional supplements in existence as it combats oxidative stress and inflammation
- Curcumin, part of turmeric, is the active component in reducing inflammation
- Curcumin assists in the removal of reactive oxygen and nitrogen, metal chelation, and regulation of numerous enzymes which reduces oxidative damage
- It’s difficult to get enough curcumin in your diet to reduce inflammation because it would require daily or nearly daily consumption and furthermore consistent amounts of curcumin from one spice to another is not guaranteed.
- It is known that curcumin is difficult to absorb. It has been advised to add black pepper to your turmeric to increase absorption (bioavailability)
- Doterra took 3 years to study and develop the Turmeric Dual Chambered Capsule.
- With doterra’s Dual Chambered Capsule, adding black pepper is no longer necessary. The chemical compounds in turmeric essential oil (found in the outer chamber), primarily turmerone, are known to increase bioavailability.
- Doterra double chambered capsules help the body fight free radicals protecting us from oxidative damage
- Doterra double chambered capsules support a healthy inflammatory response in the body which helps protect us from illness, pain, brain fog and possibly even weight gain and difficulty sleeping.
- The Turmeric Double Chambered Capsule is a convenient oral delivery system that can be enjoyed daily with little effort.
- Doterra Turmeric Double Chambered Capsules are like a one two punch in the fight against free radicals and the acquisition of support for a healthy inflammatory response. It’s all in one!
To enjoy the benefits of the Turmeric Dual Chamber Capsules, try one of the following:
- Take two capsules per day, one with an afternoon meal and one with an evening meal, to provide the joint and connective tissue support you need for your active lifestyle.
- Take each morning with breakfast for antioxidant support.
- Include in your daily supplement regimen to support healthy cellular, immune system, and nervous system function.
- Take two capsules per day as part of your weight management efforts to support healthy metabolism.
Thanks for spending this time with me!
contact me: https://botanicalblessings.ca/contact/