The popular essential oil trio for allergies is lemon, lavender and peppermint. This trio delivers comprehensive support during allergy season. Let’s take a closer look at each one:
- Lemon oil is a among the best in clearing toxins. Clearing toxins reduces the load on the detoxification pathways to allow the body to better filter and deal with allergens.
- Lemon oil supports the immune system by stimulating white blood cell production which protect against infectious disease and foreign invaders.
- Lemon oil reduces excess mucous
- Lemon oil has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Peppermint oil is highly effective in clearing the air passageways
- it can discharge phlegm
- Peppermint oil reduces inflammation.
- Many people report that peppermint essential oil can clear sinuses immediately.
- Peppermint essential oil is antispasmodic making it effective in reducing spasms in the airways resulting in a cough
- Lavender is a natural antihistamine
- Lavender has strong anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce swelling in relation to allergies
- Lavender promotes a good night’s sleep which is supportive during allergy season
How to Use the Trio
- Mix the trio with a carrier oil in the palm of your hand or in a glass roller bottle (good for multiple applications). Apply proactively in the morning to chest, front and back of neck, and behind the ears. Apply as needed throughout the day.
- CAUTION: Avoid contact with eyes and never put essential oils in the ears
- Put 2-3 drops in a diffuser and enjoy.
- Put a drop of each in the palm of your hands, rub together and inhale from hands.
- Diffuse in a cool mist diffuser
- Add a couple of drops of each to a spray bottle with water (preferably distilled water), and use to clean surfaces.
- Mix a couple of drops each in a teaspoon of aloe vera juice to emulsify the oils, add water and drink.
- Put a couple of drops each in a shot glass and fill the rest with water. Swish in the mouth and gargle 30 seconds to 1 minute. Spit out
- Put 2 – 4 drops each in a soft gel and take internally. I advise that this be done with food.
- NOTE: The trio has been conveniently packaged in a soft gel for convenient internal use. Find out more about Tri ease here: https://media.doterra.com/us/en/pips/doterra-triease-softgels.pdf
This is a crisp, refreshing and calming blend. Most people would agree that it smells great! With the all the benefits that these oils provide, this blend is a good choice for anyone, with or without allergies!
Thanks for spending this time with me!
contact me at: https://botanicalblessings.ca/contact/