The relationship we have with our mothers is complex. We have all the tangible influences that a mother provides but there are influences passed to us energetically as well. We are affected by genetic blue printing wherein energies associated with life experiences are imprinted in our DNA and passed from one generation to another. Some of these energies serve us well and others are characterized by limiting belief systems, fear and discord. If your mother-child bond has been disrupted through life experience, inherited trauma or unhealthy belief systems, myrrh essential oil may help.
The bond between mother and child is strong and the influence they have on each other is undeniable. Even if your fore mothers have passed away, or you live a long distance from your mother or grandmother, myrrh essential oil can impact your soul connection with them.
Myrrh supports one’s maternal lineage in releasing and letting go of fear, discord and limitations that are passed down from one generation to the next. Fear, discord and limiting beliefs that results from one’s relationship with her living mother are also released. Like the warmth of a mother’s love for her child, Myrrh assists individuals in feeling safe and secure.
How Can I Best use Myrrh Essential Oil with my Mother/Daughter?
The healing experience of using myrrh essential oil with one’s mother/daughter is enhanced when we focus on the hands. The hands are the “tools” through which mothering plays out. A mother uses her hands to care for, play with, feed, bathe, dress, nurture and communicate with her child. The hands are symbolic of a mother’s love. When using myrrh essential oil with your mom follow these steps:
- Pour a carrier oil such as coconut oil into the palm of your hand – about the size of a quarter.
- Add 2 drops of myrrh essential oil
- Rub your palms together
- Take one of your mother/daughter’s hands and massage each for 3-4 minutes. Start by stroking the inside and outside of the hand to cover with the oil blend.
- make large circle on the palm of the hand
- follow the bones that run form the wrist to the ends of each finger
- for the remainder of time, follow your instincts as to what would feel good and what you believe your mother/daughter is enjoying
- repeat the process with the other hand
The Smell of Myrrh is too Strong
Consider hiding myrrh in a blend. The woody and herbaceous notes of myrrh essential oil allow it to blend well with spicy, floral, or citrus essential oils. Here are some recommendations:
- Mix with warm spicy oils such as Frankincense, Sandalwood or Clove.
- A good floral companion for Myrrh is Lavender.
- If leaning toward a citrus combination choose Lemon or Grapefruit. This combo has a sweet herbaceous impact.
Thanks for spending this time with me!
Contact me https://botanicalblessings.ca/contact/