8 Uses and Benefits of Doterra’s Celery Seed Essential Oil
According to pubmed, there are 25 published studies on the benefits of celery seed essential oil. The celery you see in the grocery store is not the part of the celery plant that Celery Seed essential oil comes from. The celery plant grows up to three feet tall and takes two years to fully mature. When its matured, it produces fruit, which is small and tan or brown in colour. The seeds, which is where the essential oil comes from, are found in the fruit. It takes approximately 66 pounds of celery to produce 15 ml of celery seed oil. Celery seed can be taken topically, aromatically and internally. Research suggests that the greatest potential of Celery Seed essential oil is derived from internal and topical use. However, it tastes bitter to some. To reduce the bitter flavour, add it to smoothies, combine with citrus oils or take in a veggie cap. Celery seed is particularly good for digestion and hence the immune system as 70% of our immune system is in our gut.
8 Uses and Benefits of Celery Seed Essential Oil
- Take 2-3 drops internally as described above (on a daily basis) to support liver function
- Take 2-3 drops internally (on a daily basis) to protect the mucous lining of the body especially in the oesophagus and throughout the digestive system. This will improve internal health as well as protect against environmental threats.
- Combine with lavender and consume as outlined above to decrease acid
- Combine with lemongrass, oregano or citrus oils to protect the environment of the gut.
- Celery seed oil provides kidney support as the compounds found in these seeds enable the renal system to excrete uric acid more effectively helping the body get rid of too much water by increasing urine output. The benefit is better elimination of excess fats, salts, bile, uric acid and urea. For best result take 2-3 drops daily as described above
- Targeted support for urinary tract infections can be obtained by combining celery seed oil with cinnamon essential oil in a capsule. 2 drops each 2 – 3 times daily with food for acute infections.
- For ongoing urinary track support, combine celery seed oil, juniper and lemongrass (optional) and apply over the abdomen with a carrier oil frequently.
- Consume celery seed oil to improve the body’s ability to absorb minerals